Monday, May 08, 2006

 

An All-American dress


Hdress2
Originally uploaded by inspirations2004.

More like, little red riding hoods tunic.

The pattern was taken from hip knits. The photo in the book shows a toddler wearing the biggest size…(I could figure that out by counting the sts on the neck line) perhaps I should have done that.
Pattern alterations that I made: Lost the stripes because this isn't the USA and I wasn't going to spend $12 a skein and have lot's of blue and white left over, I wasn't making that matching had either. I would have made an all-Israeli dress but come on, a predominantly white dress for a 2 year old, I think not.


Hdress
Originally uploaded by inspirations2004.

Also, didn't make the ties, didn't think it practical, instead I knitted the straps and joined with a 3 needle bind off. Because it came out like a tunic I gifted this with a pair of 3/4 cotton trousers to match.

Yarn: Classic Elite – Provence, (2627 french red) 1 skein

Knit w/ Addi Turobo 4mm circs, however not in the round because I didn't have the right length of circs.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?