Friday, November 17, 2006

 

Sugar on Snow

or, yes, I feel as goofy as I look (see the last two pics).



As you can see...I had made a way too long I-cord. Pattern called for 10" but I went all the way up to 15" thinking I know better and toattly forgetting, that it's suppose to scrunch the top of the hat up, thierfore no need to be too long...oh well...I frogged it back and re-did the I-cord.


The Green hat is for a 1 year old...but don't worry, just because it fits me doesn't mean it will be too big...this hat has got a lot of give due to the ribbing.

The blue/grey hat is for a 3 year old. (they are the children of an online friend from Minnesota)
Pattern notes:
Pattern: Sugar and Snow from Knitty.
Yarn: Soul Wool you want to see the various shades? Click here!
Needles: 5 mm, dpn's by Pony.
Thoughts: Love the pattern would like to make it again. Love the baby cables.
Regrets: though the yarn is fab, it's Merino, it's soft, it's warm...I just don't think it was the right yarb for this project. I think I should have gone on line and ordered the yarn that is used in the pattern or at the very least used a yarn that was the same 'weight' the whole way through. The yarn I used was verigated like Noro is, some parts are thicker and some parts are quite thin.
I should have also used a finer yarn for the I-cord...as you can see it's quite chunky.
Next time for sure I'll get the recomended yarn.


DSCN1071
Originally uploaded by inspirations2004.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?