Saturday, February 07, 2009

 

Crown Hat

Needles: US 4 / 3.5 mm
Yarn: Phildar Phil'Ruban
Colorway: BLUSH

Pattern: Free online, http://villapallonneuleohjeet.blogspot.com/2008/10/crown-hat.html


I’m burning up my stash. Decided to make this hat after I made the Strawberry hat too big and seeing the cute hat Alison from the Blue Blog made, I figured it would be a good way to use what I had left of my Phil’Ruban yarn.
I knit 8 points instead of 9 as that was enough to surrond my daughters head. After doing 1 and a half repeats of the lace pattern I realized it was taking too much time and barely noticeable with this yarn, so I just continued with plain stockinette.
I also knit the crown points in to place by picking up the stitches and knitting together (similar to 3 needle bind off)
Hat fits and is stretchy but I didn’t like the finished out come. Yarn isn’t showing up the crown so well.
I would recommend using contrast colors next time.
I ended up frogging the hat.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?